"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."
" Faith makes life possible. Hope makes life workable. Love makes life beautiful."

The Winwards

The Winwards
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, December 5, 2011

Challenged......

I came across this poem on Facebook tonight and fell in love with it.  I hope that this is something Tanner will always live by, and not let anything hold him back or get him down....


Challenged 

Some say I am disabled, 
But you know that isn't true. 
I simply have a challenge 
A little different from you. 

My slight inconvenience, has taught me 
Things they could not know. 
Each obstacle is a victory, 
Enabling me to grow. 

I'm not really any different, 
I cry, I laugh, I snore. 
I don't want to be treated 
As if I'm not a person anymore. 

Out of good intentions, 
People are afraid to let me try. 
But sometimes I have to fall, 
And sometimes I need to cry. 

God gives me strength and dignity, 
And the courage to be all I can be. 
For He doesn't see me as disabled, 
He just sees me as me. 

Leslie W Ortega

1 comment:

Jessie said...

sweet. i like that poem too.