"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."
" Faith makes life possible. Hope makes life workable. Love makes life beautiful."

The Winwards

The Winwards
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Rest In Peace my Maple

My Maple, you were 3 months old when we got you, and 9 years old at death. Born `Nov 3rd, 2005 - Died Nov 18th, 2014. 
We loved you so much! Best friend a girl and family has ever had. We will miss you! So Heartbroken.

 I had to beg Ray to get you in the first place.  Traded a years worth of gifts, I wanted you so much.  You became my best pal, as I knew hardly anyone here in Arizona.  I watched you grow, learn, and love (put up with), and play with  my boys.

You were my best friend.  Loved me no matter what.  Never selfish or judgmental.  You were such a precious gift from heaven and will always hold a place in our hearts and memories.









You were an awesome snuggler.Daddy didn't want you sleeping in our bed, so I would wait until he was sleeping before I lifted you up to cuddle with me.  And then I would put you in your bed when I got up the next morning.  That didn't last long, and you were sleeping in our bed with us.  You would scoot as close as you could possibly get to me or daddy.  I will miss that, and miss your snuggles.  




When you were a puppy you would cuddle with my feet when I ate at the table. You always had to be close to me and were forever under my feet.  I will miss that too.  


Always so full of life, wanting to play fetch or run. Oh how you loved to play ball. You had many favorite balls throughout your life. You were a chewer, loving to chew on many things.  We buried you with your favorite ball and bone.  You never really did grow out of the puppy phase. I will miss your endless energy and joy in life.    




You were always very protective of me and the boys, and very territorial.  But you always loved playing with your buddy, Blueberry (Ray's sister's dog).   The way you would play with Blueberry was indeed comical.  You could turn around so your butt was facing Blueberry and scratch your feet like a bull back and forth, while pushing into her.  So funny!  You loved to wrestle and run with her, and I'm sure she will miss you. 

You loved to lay and warm in the sun.  Always seeking out the warmest spot on on the floor or couch. 



I miss the sound your claws made as you walked or ran across the tile.  Following me everywhere.  You always had to be with me, and I will miss that constant companionship. 



You were never really sure of "Men" that came to our house.  It took awhile for you to warm up to them.  We called it your "men complex".  You even looked at Ray wearily at first.  



You loved to burrow in and sleep under blankets. If there was a blanket around you were under it, especially if we were under the blanket too.  We will also miss that.  









 You were excited about every new toy, big or small. Excited to eat (even things you weren't supposed too). Learning to beg standing on your hind legs.  Wagging your tail so fast it was one big blur. 


I will miss the way you looked at me with so much intensity.  And how excited you were when I came home.  So excited you could hardly contain yourself. 





I miss your barking, the noise you made as you ate your food, the sounds you made while sleeping and dreaming,  the way you growled at only certain people. 




I will miss your kind heart, your unyielding loyalty, and fierce love. 



I will miss a lot of things about the 9 years we spent together.  But most of all, I will miss my best friend, My Maple.  

No comments: