"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."
" Faith makes life possible. Hope makes life workable. Love makes life beautiful."

The Winwards

The Winwards
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 3, 2011

First Shiner

Tonight Tanner hit right above his left eye on the filing cabinet at home.  He was trying to slide down my lap and took a nose dive instead.  Poor guy cried for almost an hour.  It swelled up pretty big, but went down some after applying an ice pack for about 20 minutes.  I feel like such a bad Mommy!  Wish I could have stopped it from happening!

The worst part is that he had to hit the corner of the cabinet!

I'm sure he got such a headache.  We gave him children's Advil to help out with that!

Daddy applying the ice pack.  Tanner hated the ice pack!  It was a struggle to keep it on for as long as we did.

This happened right before bedtime.... so needless to say... Tanner was pooped, and promptly went to sleep. It's so hard for me not to worry due to the fact that he has a shunt.  But the bump is on the opposite side of his head than where the shunt is located.  
But -  He's still cute no matter what. 

1 comment:

Lexi said...

aw poor guy! I have lost your number again! Geeze I have been wanting to talk to you. If you can send me text so I can put your number in my phone.