"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."
" Faith makes life possible. Hope makes life workable. Love makes life beautiful."

The Winwards

The Winwards
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 20, 2011

He's getting there!

So I have to admit as some of the other kids have been standing and walking, I've been a bit envious and even jealous.  I know that every child is different, and Tanner reminds me of this on a daily basis, as children with or without SB are exceeding what he can or can't do. :)  But then I realize that I can't dwell on those things or I miss what is right in front of me.... Tanner.... his personality....his smile....his laugh...and all the other great things about him. 
Things are getting better for me as I talk things out, and am now on happy pills for awhile :)  I don't know why I let stress overwhelm me so much.  But as others have told me, there ain't no shame in happy pills, so that is the plan for now. 
Also wanted to share that Tanner stood in his reverse walker for the first time today without crying!  Admittedly I had to bribe him with a raisinet - but it was well worth it!
So proud of him!  He's getting there, and the wait has been worth the joy and admiration I have for him!




2 comments:

Scasmflops said...

thats great news! I know what you mean about the personal dissapointments. But we have to realize as you said, that our trials and our victories are different and they are all worth fighting for and rejoicing over. Keep smiling Star.

Jamie said...

I just wanted to stop and say "hi"! I just found your blog and we are in AZ also :). Madi has spina bifida and is two!