Well, the results of the tests came back..... and they weren't as good as I had hoped.
Tanner has neurogenic bladder, and now we have to wait and see if cathing will be envolved. I'm still really scared about that, cause when they cathed him for the VCUG test, he screamed the entire time. I'm afraid of hurting him. I was given a whole big packet to read about it, and its so daunting!
Tanner's head circumference also changed and the size of his ventricles went from mild to moderate. Due to this, his Neuro feels that it is best to place a VP shunt now before the size of the ventricles gets any worse. Deep down I think I knew this would happen due to the fact that his Vents have always been a bit on the larger side. But it is still hard to swallow. I was really hoping that we could get lucky enough not to have to get a shunt.
Tanner is scheduled to have the shunt placed tomorrow (Dec 24th) @ 11 AM. Due to this we ended up not doing the "Nest Day". There didn't seem to be a point since he won't be coming home tomorrow anymore. The come home day has now been moved to maybe the 25th or the 26th. Maybe even later.... just "depends".
I am really starting to hate the word "depends"! It's getting really hard for me to not be upset and stressed out about everything that is going on. I tried so hard to stay strong and positive, but I seem to cry over everything now. Most people say its due to "hormones", but I know its more than that. I'm just so disappointed that everything the doctors said would happen, has happened.
I pray that we will be able to take Tanner home soon!